Ask an expert

09 Jan 2013

My Sex Life
Hallo everyone,

It is my first time posting in here and I would really appriciate your advices.
I am a married woman and I have lost so much interest in my sex life and this is really concernig nem now as I dont have a clue where to start. My husand had hurt me so much in the past and this had resulted in me not interested in him sexually anymore. I dont even bother initiating sex with him and when he does, I got so annoyed I dont even want him to touch me. I am really worried as this has been going for a long time and sometimes I become scared that he is or will cheat on me. I still care bout him bout I am not sure if I still love him. I am not intending to divorce him, I really want things to go back to normal and I really wanna forgive and forget but how do I do it? How do I enjoy makin love with him without thinking bout all the hurtful experiences in the past?
Answer 368 views

01 Jan 0001

You most definitely need to explore all the emotions and events in the safeness of therapy with a psychologist. From what you are saying it is clear that the safeness in your relationship had been hurt. To have a fulfilling sexual relationship it is crucial for both parties to feel safe and willing to be vulnerable with one another. individual and couple counseling might be necessary to guide both of your to a place where you can move forward. Lack of sexual interest is just the tip of the ice-berg - you need to address the underlying aspects first before you address the summit.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.