Question

My skin is driving me nuts
Hi CyberDoc

I have 2 questions, firstly I have been getting out breaks of eczema (not sure) on my fingers mostly where I wear my rings, it happens every now and then. I do use special creams but nothing seems to help. Could it be food I am eating or soap?? I recently started taking brewers yeast tablets - could this be the cause for the violent flare up??

My second question is I have very large pores around my nose (cheek area nest to nose) the rest of my skin is clear and smooth. I have had people say 'gosh you do have large pores' etc. They have become bigger in the last few months (what causes this ?). They are very noticeable Doc, it is not all in my head, is there anything you can recommend??
THANX

Caitlyn, it is usually due to a combination of a fungal infection and a eczematous reaction to it. If you stop wearing your rings and apply a cream like Travocort® twice a day, it should clear up within a week or so.
I’m not sure what the cause of the big pores is, but a dermatologist should be able to help you with it (creams and or laser). The best would be to make an appointment and have it sorted out. Good luck.