Question

My son Depression and Suicidal
He turns 19 coming week. History of dagga and mandrax. Turned to alcohol instead. He stopped drugs about 4 months ago. Had to leave school starting of Gr 11. Major depressive and suicidal. Has a younger brother, 16 years. Affecting his schoolwork. Myself does not sleep when he is home, always on alert. He tends to steel to obtain money for alcohol, does not care about other peoples belongings, only himself is important, though he has NO self-esteme, he does not believe in himself or anybody else. Various treatments, always turning to old ways when back. I need to get him a place where he can learn to love himself again, a place where he can find himself, if possible a place where he can earn pocket money, a place to keep himself busy. I need contact addresses soonest. PLEASE HELP

Dear Lorraine,
I hope our other readers can suggest the sort of place you are seeking ; I can't think of any at present --- but do post, within this thread, details of where you are living, as most such facilities are scattered around the contry.
Sounds like he needs to join A ( some branches, I belive have teen groups, too ), and to see a good local psychiatrist for assessment and advice on local facilities.