Question

My son is dating an older woman
i am concerned because my son is seventeen years old and has been dating this twenty two year old woman for a year. They want to move in together but my concerne is that he is to young and being to rash. They speak of marriage, my boy doesnt even have a propper job. Advice???

Dear C,
Of course one can udnerstand why you ma feel concerned. Maybe some of our other thoughtful readers may have ideas about how best to handle this. Basically, I'd think your best cance would be to improve your leel of communicatons with him generally and on all tpics, including this one, and to try to talk to him about your concerns, while avoiding arguments ( which don't cang opther people's minds ! ). Until he is 18, you might have some status to prevent him from moving in with her, but exerting such controls may lose you the closeness and communication which is essential to try to resolve this issue, as well as to remain close enough to him to help him if and when the relationship with the other woman proves to be impermanent and unsatisfying, as it might. Maybe he could do with some advice on working on such things as job-finding, as, if he really does care for her, providing her with an unemployed hanger-on won't be a very loving gift.