Question

my turn for advice, cs or anybody
it's started again, pressure in the skull with a feeling of electricity running up the back of the skull, sharp stabbing pains in the top of the skull (vertical).

here's the history (short version)
skull fracture with internal bleeding lead to 35 day coma. approximately 22 severe concussions since then with one 3 week stay in a facility for observation. suspicion of temporal epilepsy with loss of motor function at times. suspicion of brain tumor which turned out to be a cyst.

doc recomends i try state treatment (cheaper than private). any advice to this?

Shuss, I've had one concussion, and it wasn't my fault, but 22 ? Sounds like there must have been some degree, at least, of mild brain damage ( hence the possible TLE, motor function disturbance, etc.). A whole range of symptoms are possible after any head injury, and not always well understood. If there is some real posibility of epilepsy ( and these odd sensations in the skull might be related to this ) then anti-epileptic drugs may help ; they also help many strange pain syndromes even if these are not related to anything like epilepsy, and of cours they heklp sabilize the mood as in bipolar disorder. State route can work out well, dependeing on who you see. Maybe with your doc's help explore the Dept of neurology at your nearest med school