Question

my younger brother is a thief
Since my parents got divorced my brother has had behaviour problems, he is now 17 and has started stealing money from family. he doesn't do drugs but uses the money to buy computer games etc. My mom has caught him once and he promised not to do it again but he is still activly stealing what can we do

I like Penscil 2005's approach. he needs to be made aware in no uncertain terms that the whole family knows what he is doing, and that it is totally unacceptable. If he stole from anyone else, they would call the police and he'd end up in court. he needs to know that he is being selfish and greedy and dishonest, and the local police may be prepared ( should be ) to cooperate and to convince him that the very next time he steals, he WILL be arrested and will have a criminal record and face penalties for this. At the same time, consider placin him in councelling to deal with whatever issues he may have brooding away. At 17 he is quite old enough to WORK in his spare time to earn money for anything as unimportant as computer games