Question

Myomectomy
I had a myomectomy in September and had 5 fiborids removed, i being the size of a tennis ball, the other two were golf ball sizes and the rest marble size.
How long afterwards will I be able to fall pregnant? And if so, could there possibly be complications?

Thanks,
Mitch
fertility expert

Dear Mitch

The interval from myomectomy to conception is extremly variable. To a large extent, this depends on whether there is any other factors such as tubal pathology, ovulatory problems or male factor problems which have not yet been excluded. If all other conditions are equal and normal then return to fertility is fairly rapid and it is not unusual to have conception withithin 6 weeks of the myomectomy.
However, it is advisable to seek further assistance if no pregnancy ensues after nine months.