Ask an expert

01 Dec 2005

nail fungus
I have had this nail fungus for some time now(years). the nail is discoloured and much thicker than the rest. is there a medication one can use for all types of fungus or must I go get it checked out first. If so must I see my local GP or is there specialists in this field that I should see.
Answer 385 views
Foot expert

01 Jan 0001

There are medicines that can be used but you must go to either a podiatrist or a dermatologist
to get referred to a podiatrist call the SA Podiatry assn 0861 100 249
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9270 votes
66% - 17927 votes