Question

Neck bone
I am 43 yrs old, 6ft tall and slim (not skinny) over the years I noticed that the bone at the nape of my neck is bigger and is more noticeable, why is this, is it something to worry about, if my hair is up from the side it does not look too great so I leave hair down to cover it ! Can anything be done about it ?

Thank you
ChiroDoc
ChiroDoc

You have probably noticed the spinous rocess of your 7th Cervical vertbrae - this is the lowest neck vertebrae and naturally is blessed with a longer spinous process. This prominance is nothing to worry about, but an X/Ray for peace of mind may help. Posture often plays a role in how much or how little the spinous processes project. Better posture will thus also help to improve such anomalies.