Question

Neck pain - headaches - fatigue
I have 24/7 chronic stiff neck, resulting in tension type headaches, worsening to migraines. Constantly in pain and chronically exhausted. I have had this for about 10 years. Been to at least 10 chiropractors, physios, headache clinic, botox, hypnotherapy, stress management, accupuncture etc etc. On antidepressants already purely because of the havoc it is causing in my lifesyle. My current chiropractor suggested locating a neurologist that performs a type of operation on the nerve in the neck to at least alleviate the constant pain, with the hope of breaking this cycle. I am totally dependant on painkillers and would definately stop taking pain killers if this pain would go away even for a day! I see a chiro every 2 weeks, if not I get migraines, need to miss work etc. Please advise whom I may contact in Cape Town that can assist with this type of operation. (Had CT scans, MRI scan on neck - no visible problems) It seems muscle related. Even 1 hour after leaving a chiro, my neck is back in total pain again. Desperate!!!!
ChiroDoc
ChiroDoc

A neurologist would indeed be the expert to consult - the names of several are available in the Medical section of the Cape Town Directory - or ask your chiropractor to refer you.