Question

Necrosis
My mother was diagnosed with DVT and was admitted to hospital for a week. They treated her with medication and overdosed her on this in error. She went home for a week and had to be readmitted as her foot had swollen and discoloured to the point that it has started looking like necrosis. Does this mean amputation? Are these doctors waisting their time as they can't pin point where the problem is coming from. She doesn't have medical aid and I am worried that they're beating around the bush and that she'll end up loosing her toes due to their incompetence! I'm getting to a point that I have no faith in these student doctors. I know they have to learn from these type of experiences but it's my mother's life they're messing with.

I'm sorry for lashing out but I'm at my wits end.

Foot expert

Sadly if there is necrosis and it progresses to apoint where there is tissue death, depending on the amount of damaged tissue yes amputation can be the result
By what you are telling me it sound as if she is in a stste hospital and you can surely ask that the consultant is called in to assist