Question

Need a diet that works and that is user friendly
Good afternoon,

Just need some advice, I have been spoken to people regarding which diet is the best, and they all gave me different answers. I am 26 yrs old, 1.63m and weigh 77.kg. I want to lose 15kg (it doesn't matter how long it takes me). I had my 2nd child 10 months ago and I'm now ready to lose all the babyfat he he.

My problem is with a meat eating husband and a monthly budget I can't make 2 seperate meals, it's just too costly. And I cant go to the gym, no time with the kids and full time career.

Pls pls pls I want to lose weight with an user friendly diet.

Where can I get a diet program that wil suit me?

Kind Regards
Ronel

Dear Ronel

I hear what you say. Your present BMI = 28,9 which is above the upper level of normal. It would be good if you can lose those 15 kg and I am glad that you are being realistic and planning to do this over a longer period.

Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increase your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life).

This diet is user-friendly because it does not make you starve or use 'strange' foods, etc. In fact you can serve your hubby the same diet just using larger portions and he will benefit because it should keep his cholesterol levels low.

If you are very busy and don't have time to go the gym, then start going for a brisk walk every day after work if possible or even simpler, buy a skipping rope and start skipping when you watch TV.

Start off with 5 min a day at a slow pace and gradually increase how long and fast you skip until you reach 30 min a day.

Do NOT push yourself until you are exhausted because then you will stop exercising which is counterproductive.

You can also lie on the floor next to the TV and do sit-ups, just remember to keep your knees bent so that you don't strain your back. sit-ups help for the tummy.

Also start with about 10 a day and gradually increase the number of sit-ups you do as you get fitter and more energetic. The exercise is important because it promotes weightloss and make you feel more positive about yourself and life.