Question

Need a good diet!
Hi Doc,
My question is simple. I just need a good balance weight loss diet. I am 28 and have not watched what I eat. So I have woken up to excess weight, a flabby tummy and just too much body fat, although I am not extremely overweight. Can you advise a good, steady weight loss diet please.

Thanks,
Mel
(Please email answer back to me)

Dear Mel
I cannot reply by e-mail, but to lose weight, you need to eat a low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'Slimming Diet' for a copy, which you can print out for yourself), and combine it with regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming). You should lose weight at a rate of 0,5 to 1kg per week which is good for sustained weight loss.