Question

Need advice
Hi-I want to loose weight but need some advice.
I don't seem to loose weight on any diet (even a high protein diet). I am about 15-20 kg over weight. I am 31 years old with 2 kids. I do excersie 2 times a week at work in lunch time - calisthenics. I have mild symtoms of IBS.

What diet should I follow or could there be any supplements I could take?

Dear Bibi
You may suffer from insulin resistance or other hormone imbalances. Ask your dr to test for insulin resistance, thyroid and female hormone levels (PCOS). If you should suffer from insulin resistance then it is essential to consult a clinical dietitian, because the correct diet is one of the most important factors in treatment. Check the List of Dietitians on this Website or phone 082-593-0276 or send an e-mail to sscharf@nhcltd.com or look in your local telephone directory or Yellow Pages, to find a dietitian in your area. The dietitian will take your insulin resistance and overweight into account when working out a diet for you, which will be based on foods with a low glycaemic index (GI). Click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'The right approach' and read the articles on the GI. Also click on ‘Food as Medicine' on the Diet Site and then on ‘Type 2 diabetes'. Combine the diet with your regular exercises.