Ask an expert

02 Apr 2007

need advise-urgent
hi, i need your advice on something please. My dad had a heart attack & went for a bypass 4 yrs ago, but lately his been having a problem with his right leg he says its very painful, could it be his ateries in the leg or arthritis, should he go & see a gp or a cardioligist . thankyou
Answer 346 views

01 Jan 0001

First stop would be your GP who is familiar with your Dad's case history. Pain in the leg could more likely be a neural pain referred from the lower back - but a thorough physical and possibly x/ray examination is called for.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.