Question

Need for sex change
I am very eager to be a woman what is the total cost?
Transgender advisor
sex change guest expert

Hi Letina,

To answer your question regarding costs: I need to give you a wide answer, as there is various aspects to contribute to the cost.

Hormone replacement per month can work out to be between R600 to R800 per month, varies from one medical aid to the next, whether it will be covered or not.

Laser hair removal can work out between eight to nine thousand in total, depending on your beard / stubble.

The gender reasignment surgery (wich include the adams apple contouring / shaving, breast inplants and the vagina) cost in Taiwan, depending on the exchange rate, around R60 000.00 (sixty thousand). That excludes the air ticket, accomodation - which you need to budget for two weeks, if there is no complications.

My friend who updated me on this prises, as she is just about to embark on the same "Taiwan-journey" said she could find nowhere South African quotes for this prosedure.

Hope this give you an indication of costs.

Liesl