Question

Need help about ovulation
They say that AF starts 14 days after ovulation so know I need your help. AF arrived on the 3rd of July and now on 1 August so if I ovulated 14 days back it was on the 19th of July and that would have been cycle day number 16 for me. Isn't that to late to ovulate in a cycle? Ive read some where that when you ovulate to late in your cycle youwould not keep a pregnancy due to the lining of the uterus becoming to thin. Is this true?
fertility expert

Dear Bear

Ovulation may occur anytime between day 8 and day 18 of a cycle depending on various factors. In a normal 28 day cycle ovulation occurs on day 14 of the cycle. Cycle lengths longer than 28 days are usually in the main accompanied by a shift in the folliclar phase. i.e that part of the cycle that preceeds ovulation. This implies that the build up to ovulation varies and may not be a constant 14 days unlike the duration from ovulation to menstruation which in general is a constant 14 days (unless luteal insufficiency exists).