Question

Need Motivation
Hi CS,

Welcome back! I hope all went well and that you are feeling much better.

I have been rather poorly myself for about the last 6 months. I went for an MRI last week and now my headache is being treated and I am slowly beginning to feel better. As I have CP I put myself in a wheelchair while I am sick (to prevent myself from falling). Now I have become very weak and I should excercise to be able to walk again. The big problem is that I lack the motivation to do this! Also, nobody has time to help me exercise, eg go for walks or go swimming on weekends. Unfortunately I cannot do these things alone.... I just don't know how and where to start, and even the exercising I can do alone, I just don't want to do. I am so fustrated with myself. I need help to help myself!

Thanks.

Isn't there some national CP or neuro support group which could advise ? There must be other people in your town with a similar predicament --- working on exercises together helps motivation, and shares the burden on helpers, too.