Question

Need to gain weight
Hi doc

I'm a 24 year old male, am about 1.74m tall and weigh more or less 60kg's. I need to know how I go about to pick up more weight? As far as I'm concerned I feel that I am under weight and some how need to gain more mass. I have a fast metabolism even though I don't regularly go to the toilet, on average every 2-3-4 days. If I get sick or catch a cold, I lose weight very easily and quickly.
If you could in some way offer me some assistance I would greatly appreciate it.

Dear Reader
Because this is just as much of a problem as losing weight, I wrote a number of articles on the subject of gaining weight. Click on 'Diet' and 'View old Diet & Food site' and read the articles on 'To gain weight I & II'. This info should help you. It is also a good idea to join a good gym and ask the instructor to work out a programme that builds muscle - mainly weight training and you can try one of the protein supplements - ask at your chemist. There is nothing unusual about not having a bowel motion every day, some people who are perfectly normal only have 1 a week.