Ask an expert

01 Apr 2007

Need to get on with my life
I posted a problem about a week ago when my b/f left to go to England for 8 months and asked if it's possible to have a long distance relationship for so long. Anyway, we broke up on Tuesday because it was too hard for both of us. It was causing us so much pain. We both really want to get back together when he comes back in December but how can we keep that 'connection' we have going. Even though we're just friends now and we're staying in contact, I don't want us to lose that connection we had. I'm scared he's going to come back and not feel the same way about me anymore. He was the one who suggested we try the long distance thing but he was also the one who broke it off. I'm so scared he's going to meet someone special there and not want me anymore when he gets back. How can I get over this and carry on with my life so I don't just sit here for 8 months hoping we'd get back together? 8 Months isn't that long, but right now it seems like a lifetime and anything can happen in that time and I've already convinced myself that he's going to meet some amazing girl while he's there and not want to carry on our relationship. Even if he just sleeps with another girl there I'd be completely heartbroken. He said he wouldn't let one night of passion ruin our chances of getting back together. Part of me truly believes that but the other part is convinced he's going to have as much 'fun' as he can. I don't know what to do, I don't want him to come back and we get back together then I hear about how he kissed this girl, and slept with that girl. It'll really tear me apart. Please help!
Answer 393 views

01 Jan 0001

Hi Bella,
In the interim, both you and he will grow, mature, have a range of experiences. You may or may not feel the same about each o0ther ; maybe less, maybe more. And I assume that his purpose in going overseas isn't to seek other women, passion, or as much "fun" as he can --- couldn't he get enough of that sort of "fun" right back home, if he had wanted it ?
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.