Question

NEED TO VENT
Sorry but I need this off my chest. My husband, whom I love dearly is a manic depressive. He has been in hospital for this 3 times now in the last year. I am a independat woman and have always managed on my own, he comes from a very close family. The thing that is really starting to cheese me off is their interferance. Whenever he is "down" or anything other than normal - they immediatly call me and ask me what i have done now? And constantly tell me that i must not upset him for any reason etc... I am SO DAMN tired of this. I have to cope when he is in hospital, I have to keep all my problems/worries to myself, handle work & Home & finances & His family all my myself and then they still have the ordasity to call me up and ask what am i doing to cause his relapses ???? I would never in my life think about calling any of them up and have the rudness to ask them about their mairtal problems ( not that there is any )
I am not the perfect Afrikaans girl who will be at their beck and call - I have done perfectly well on my own for my whole adult life( early 20's) I have never needed anyone's help nor do I appreciate their meddling in..... aaarrgg sorry, bad day :\

Hello Tau,
How unfortunate if his family is so ignorant as to assumet hat anty mood shift in someone with Bipolar Disorder must be your fault --- when he's reasonably normal, wouldn't it be a good idea for him to have a session with them and you and explain his disorder very clearly to them, including emphasizing that his mood shifts are not in the least caused by you ? And he must ask them to stop interfering in such a highly unhelpful and ignorant manner. If as it seems, they are concerned and would like to be helpful, maybe you and he together can work out whether there is anything they could do which would actually be helpful, and advise them about that.