Question

Neostrata did not help??
I have used the Neostrata Brightening cream as well as the Pigmentation Gel for the past six months and I have not seen any results in the diminshing of pigmentation on my cheeks. I have spent a lot of my medical aid funds at the dermatologist and I am at a loss as to how I can remove these pigmentation marks. Please help me with suggestions. I am 45 yrs old.
Many thanks
Anti-ageing expert
anti-ageing expert

Hi Samantha, thank you for the question and my apologies for the delay with my response.

This is a difficult question to answer over the net as ideally one would like to take a detailed history, examine the pigmentation and perform a VISIA skin analysis before deciding on the best treatment options.

The mainstay of pigmentation treatment is a good SPF (50 or higher that contains zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide) AND sun avoidance (as much as possible).
The NeoStrata glycolic acid peels with depigmenting boosters and the topical you mentioned should get better results but ultimately one may have to consider fractional skin resurfacing technologies that are specifically indicated for pigment removal.

Before deciding on a treatment regime one needs to differentiate between sun damage versus hormone induced pigmentation (Melasma).