Question

Nervous and scared dog
My dog is totally neurotic. She is nervous and scared and does not like loud noises. She''''s afraid of other dogs and people. She is also very clingy. She sits with me in the bathroom while I’  m having a bath and almost never leave me alone. I think it is getting worse. I have a little one year old - when she climbs onto my lap - the dog also wants to get on my lap. When I’  m feeding little one - the dog almost sits on top of my baby. I''''m getting so tired of this. And I’  m not sure what to do. She is almost 3 years old and has been spayed. She is a fox-terrier. Any advice?
Dog Behaviour Expert
Dog Behaviour Expert

Hi Sally, you need to sort out this behaviour as soon as possible otherwise it will worsen and you will end up with seperatin anxiety, which, trust me, is not somewhwere you want to go!
It sounds like she does have fear issues and due to this I would recommend that not only do you seek behaviour advice, but also get hold of somebody that does TTouch which will really help her to overcome her fears. Have a look at www.animal-behaviour.org.za for a behaviourist and www.ttouch.co.za for help on that side. If you cant find anybody in your area 9preferabley somebody that does both), please contact me via my e-mail and let me know where you live and I will endeavour to put you in touch with somebody. Thanks Scotty