Question

Net gewonder...
Haai Dok

Ek het vanoggend op die Internet gelees dat jy kan swanger raak 4 weke nadat jy die MMR Vaccine gekry het. Ek het die 24ste Januarie die MMR Vaccine gekry en word more ge-insimineer (Dinsdag)... Wil net seker maak die inligting is korrek. Ek het vir my Ginekoloog gese dat my GP my die MMR vaccine op daai datum gegee het. En my GP het al die bloedtoetse en so na die Ginekoloog toe gestuur. My GP het heeltyd vir my gese ek moenie swanger word voor die 3 maande om is nie. Maar my Ginekoloog is OK daarmee. Wat is u opinie daaroor?

Baie dankie

Hallo Bienks
Jou GP is versigtig maar die artikels sĂȘ jy moet 4 weke wag.

Q6 How long should a woman avoid becoming pregnant after receiving MMR vaccine?
Because of the known association between wild rubella virus and congenital rubella syndrome (CRS), there is a theoretical risk that rubella vaccine could cause CRS. The possibility that rubella vaccine could cause CRS has been carefully studied and the results are very reassuring that nobody has found any evidence that MMR vaccine can cause congenital rubella syndrome.Nevertheless, women are advised to avoid pregnancy for one month after receiving a rubella-containing vaccine. This advice is the same in the UK and the US.

Q7 But I have been told I should wait for 3 months before getting pregnant.
The US Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) carried out a review recently of data from the US, UK, Sweden and Germany on 680 live births to susceptible women who were inadvertently vaccinated either 3 months before or during the early weeks of pregnancy with rubella vaccine. They found that none of the infants were born with congenital rubella syndrome (CRS). Following this review, ACIP changed their guidance of avoiding pregnancy following MMR vaccine from 3 months to 28 days in 2001.6 The UK has recommended a one-month interval since 1996. The Summary of Product Characteristics (SPC) for some MMR vaccines may still recommend that a 3 month gap be left between MMR vaccine and becoming pregnant but the UK and US advice is the most up to date and should be followed.
http://www.mmrthefacts.nhs.uk/news/newsitem.php?id=58