Question

Never thought of it that way
your right! I cant remember the last time i said "could you please help me here?"

But is this caused by being too nice or too independant?

I think i kind of see not being able to do something yourself as a sign of weakness.. and i hate showing signs of weakness.. I think if you cant do something by yourself then your in trouble, you cant depend on anyone for anything you only have yourself

You know there can be a problem arising from over-analyzing problems --- sometimes we can get so wrapped up in demanding an answer to :WHY?" it is happening, that we;re too busy to simly stop doing it that way.
And maybe "nice" and "independent" are not alternatives, in you, but diferent factes of the same broad issue --- not wanting to trouble others, so you try too hard to seem "nice" --- and are "independent" so as not to need them, not to bother them, and not to feel vulnerable or weak by needing them. But what do you do when you have appendicitis ? Insist on removing your own appendix ? Do you build your own house, make your own car ? Or just accept that there are some tasks in life when it's convenient to use the services of others, and some in which by collaborating with others you can be stronger together than eiher party can be, working alone ?