Question

16h ago

New Atkins for a New You
hi, I have recently read the new book and would just like to know whether:
a) it is possible to do it in SA? (many of the products, names etc are foreign to me)
b) whether this diet is safer and less controversial than the original Atkins? (it proposes to address many of the concerns)
Thank you!

Dear Sam
I must admit that I have read 2 versions of the Atkins diet over time, but not yet 'New Atkins for a New You'. One of the problems of books that are either written in other countries or make use of a variety of additional products that must be used to achieve success, is that this limits their usefulness in other countries and continents. If you send me an example of the product names I can perhaps give an opinion. Foir example, a cantaloup is a spanspek, etc. I can, however, not judge if this version is 'safer' than the original Atkins diet or not. We will have to wait until someone sends me a copy of the book!
Keep in mind that there are many variations of the original Atkins diet on the market, such as the Dukan diet, the Metabolism Miracle and the Cura Romana Weightloss Plan, which I reviewed awhile ago. Click on 'Diet & Nutrition' and then do Searches for each one of these diets to find the articles I wrote about them.