Question

02 Apr 2007

New Job
Hello Everyone
I'm so angry today, I feel like I can pop an artery. I went for an interview last week for a job that pays a lot better and the hours are also much better. My bf an I were planning on going on holiday for 10 days from 20 April, but the new place said I have to start working on 16 April, and that means no holiday by the sea. We did not pay a deposit yet but my boyfriend is really pissed off with me. What does he want? I have a lot of finacial problems and I need to sort them out. I need the money bacause I cant expect him to go on paying for everything. I understand that he needs a brake because he has a really stressful job, but I need a holiday too and I can't go and it's not the end of the world. Am I wrong here? It just feels no matter if I take the job or not, I'm not doing anything right!

Annoying, but that's the way it works. When you applied for the new job, didn't you know when they wanted the appointee to start work ? SOunds like you have a better sense of priorities than your bf, as getting your finances sorted out is more urgent and important than having a holiday by the sea. I haven't had one for 40 years, and I'm no complaining ! Maybe he can have a break now on his own, and the pair of you have another break later in the year that suits you both better.