Question

New Puppy Old Dog not happy
Hi, I recently got a new Great Dane puppy (male, 7 weeks old). We have had him at home for 5 days now. My older jack russell dog (male) is snapping and growling at him. I used to have a German Shepherd (male) before and the gap between getting the puppy and having to put the German Shepherd down (medical reasons) is about 3 weeks. I don't know what to do to stop the snapping. The Great Dane just wants to play with the Jack Russell. My husband and I have given the Jack Russell alot more attention than the Great Dane, hoping this would solve the problem. Please help...
cybervet

Yes the JRT is probably feeling a bit left out and giving him more attention is good. He will get used to the pup in a couple of weeks. How do they get on when you are not around? If you put them both out and watch them from indoors you may get an idea.