Question

NO ENERGY
I am 27 years of age, female, go to gym at least 4 times a week and eat relatively healthy food. I have low blood pressure and seem to have no energy during the day... I feel tired early in the evenings and don't feel well-rested when I wake up in the mornings. As a child I had an iron deficiency. I have been taking a multivitamin called Nutratron, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything for me. Is there another supplement I could take or maybe something I can introduce into my eating habits that would give me more energy?

Dear Reader
Seeing that you did suffer from iron deficiency in the past, it may be a good idea to go for a medical checkup to determine: a) if you are anaemic again b) if you have any other physiological problem such as a hormone imbalance (hypothyroidism or hypoglycaemia) c) if you are suffering from anxiety and/or depression. If you should have any of these conditions, then the dr would start the appropriate treatment. The low blood pressure can of course make you feel very tired and listless and except for increasing your daily salt intake a bit, but not so that you ingest more than 3g per day, there are no dietary treatments which will alter this state of affairs. Some people who get tired easily esp when exercising regularly, tend to eat too little carbohydrate. Carbs are still our best source of energy in the diet and if you eat unprocessed grains and cereals, fruit and vegetables and honey, you should have more energy and not get fat. Also use a high-carb energy drink before and during exercise and eat a carb-rich meal afterwards. If you are tending towards iron deficiency then it may be an idea to take FeroFolic as a supplement as it supplies readily available iron and folic acid, which are both needed to prevent anaemia.