Ask an expert

06 Oct

No idea what or where to
I don't know how and where to start. I have been diangosed with depression early in my life but have been "managing" it. 2020 was just enough for me. At this stage i don't know of i should see someone and talk to them regarding my life. I'm tired of everything, metally, emotionally and physically. In february I started drinking venlor to assist with my depression as i felt things were getting to much for me at work and at home. i'm 47 years old a seemingly also pre menapause. my huband was diangosed with PTSD and MDD in august. it is difficult handling it and to try to keep sane. he is still seeing someone but i am to afraid to tell him when i feel irritated or if i'm down a bit it's the end of the world. he does threaten with suicide and of course, i don't tolerate that at all. i had enough of mommy him and not expressing myself. i understand it is difficult but what about me, where do i fit in with all this, who takes care of me. who is strong for me. i hate sex but i for some reason i'm missing it and also the affection. I sleep with a pillow in my arms at night even though my husband is next to me. I just want to feel appreciated and also loved. i don't always want sex. what is wrong with me.
Answer 436 views

08 Oct

Hello Confused,
There's a difference between Depression, and Unhappiness.  Both may be present at the same time. But whereas Depression is a disorder involving brain chemistry and can be helped by medications like antidepressants ( Venlor seems to be very popular with some prescribing doctors these days, for reasons that aren't clear to me ) ; unhappiness always responds best to psychotherapy/ counselling, especially of the CBT form ( Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ).  Because this form of treatment takes your unhappiness seriously, lets you talk about it, to explore the habits you've formed of unhelpful ways of thinking and behaving in response to the challenges of your life. It helps you to review your alternatives, and to learn better coping skills.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9270 votes
66% - 17915 votes