Ask an expert

01 Jul 2010

no interest
please help, i''m one person who does not like sex at all , i feel pain and burning on my vagina after sex, and my hubby likes sex everyday in fact he''s always horny and i,m afraid he might look for sex outside, please help as a married woman what must i do please i don''t want to ruin my marriage.
Answer 438 views

01 Jan 0001

Kuki, if you are experiencing pain and burning after sex only, then it sounds like you are not aroused and the lack of lubrication would irritate and cause small abrasions on the lining of the vagina. If the discomfort is there all the time, then it could be that you have an infection (e.g. thrush or something else) and it requires medical attention.

As for why you don't like sex, the reasons for this would need to be understood so that you could possibly address these. Furthermore, it is common for one partner to have a lower libido/desire than the other and this difference needs to be managed in the relationship - this may mean that at times you are sexual when you aren't particularly desiring it, but are happy to be sexual. At other times, he would give you the space not to be sexual and possibly just be close. These sorts of things can be difficult to discuss and negotiate, but it can be possible to improve the current situation.

Claire - SASHA
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9320 votes
67% - 18606 votes