Question

31 Oct 2006

No more white lies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi Everybody
I am so confused at the moment. To cut a long story short i broke up with my gf of 4 months on Sunday because of all her white lies. Did i make the right decision? Not sure!, did i want to do it? No!. Do i love her? Tremendously! I can't stop thinking if i was to hard on myself and her. Can people change because a leopard never changes it spots?. She really loves me and i really love her but i cannot go one with all the little white lies.I had spoken to her about it before and she promised me no more lies but lasted 5 days. She sms'd me last night asking me for my forgiveness although she says she did not do anything wrong (guy phoned and she said it was a female friend), the feelings she had and will always have will be forever, if i forgive her she will never contact me again although it's not what she wants,i love you always and forever. I have not replied but i am so tempted. I can't stop feeling i maybe gave up to quickly. Is she just trying to manipulate me. I don't trust her because of all the lies now. I MISS HER AND LOVE HER SO MUCH! I feel so empty without her.

Before breaking up, did you calmly but seriously discuss with her the issue of the lies and how you felt about them ? It sounds as though HER classification of the minor lies sees them as not serious at all, and you consider them far more serious and troubling. Was / is relationship counselling a possibility ? Did you, perhaps, give up before working, with her, with appropriate expert help