Question

no muscle loss
I'm a 21 year old female and would like to loose 5kg but how do I insure that I don't loose some of my muscle along with the fat? I train with weights twice a week and do cardio on the other days. It's very important for me to shed the fat but I won't like to loose all my hard earned muscles as well. Any advice in this regard would be highly appreciated!

Dear Fit
If you cut out fatty foods and concentrate on eating carbs and proteins then you should not lose lean muscle tissue. Also do one extra session with the weights and one less cardio session to ensure that you are not going to lose muscle, but fat. Click on 'Fitness' at the top of this page and then on 'Nutrition' and read the articles I have written on 'Diets for Sportsmen and women', esp the ones on protein and carbs.