Ask an expert

17 Jun 2011

No need to go
I''d like to know how I can request a blood test for possible celiac desease? I''ve been trying to sort out why i don''t have a need to go for up to 7 days and then also only with the help of a tablet that i get at the pharmacy called aloe laxative. I have an underactive thyroid and have constant pains in my arms, hands and legs/feet that affects my daily. I just want to try and test for all possible things as the doctors all seem to just prescribe laxatives of some sort.

I will appreciate your help - even possible suggestions on what type of tests I should request.

Thank you so kindly.
Answer 361 views

01 Jan 0001


I strongly suggest that you ask your doctor for a referral to a gastroenterologist for a gastroscopy and colonoscopy. He/she will also be able to test for celiac disease. It is very important that your underactive thyroid is well controlled, as hypothyroidism will cause chronic constipation.


Dr Anrich
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.