Question

No reason to live
Dear cybershrink - i am a single 30 yr old man and i think i may be suffering from depression. i work all the time, i havent had a girlfriend in 10 years, i'm not really a people person, i'm one of the quiet guys that nobody notices so i dont get invited to drinks after work or parties or whatever. i just dont know what to do i feel worthless.

if i were to disapper, i'm sure no one would miss me, except my family. the work stress is driving me crazy, but i'm afraid to leave becos i dont think i will find another job. but i just don;t care about my own safety anymore, i drive recklessly, i sleep with prostitutes with no worries of getting aids, and i just stay away from people and stay at home. i dont even try my best at work anymore, i just go thru the motions.

whats wrong with me? why can;t i find happiness in my life? this has been going on for a year now

Dear S,
Don't give up yet. You're describing a sad way of life, but one that is far from inevitable or unchangeable ; though a continued experience of failure, as in one's social life, can teach one to give up rather than to keep on trying.
Surely you need and deserve the benefits of assessment, advice, and treatment from an expert shrink, to explore the extent to which this sad situation can be transformed ? medication to help the depression can also lessen the social discomfort ; psychological treament ca help both, build confidence and comfort in social settings --- and also needs to focus on the excess work-stress you seem to be facing.
So don't give up, and make a sincere investment of time and effort into getting and working with, a good shrink's help. You may be surprised at how very much better you could be within six months.