Question

No weight loss
I have been following the Weigh Less program for a couple of years. At a given time I lost 12kg but was put on HRT and gained 15 kg, sometime 1 1/2 k a week. My doctor insisted that I stay on HRT because of osteopenia. Since then I have been struggling to lose weight. I have since stopped the HRT treatment. My daily foot intake stayed the same. I have tried to swop food around and do not eat the same food at the same time everyday. I do have a thryiod problem which is being treated. A low testosterone count was diagnosed earlier this year. Sometimes it feels as if all the eneregy is draining out of my body. I need to know how I can adjust my daily intake or program to assist me in losing weight and to cope with the drop in energy. Many thanks

Dear Mary-Anne
Unfortunately most female hormone treatments can cause weight gain and/or hamper weight loss. Together with your thyroid problem this could well have accounted for your gain of 15 kg. A lack of energy is one of the symptoms of menopause which you are probably experiencing because of stopping the HRT. I would recommend that you return to Weighless because this approach helped you in the past. Combine the diet with regular exercise of at least 30 min a day even if you feel tired at first - going for brisk walks in the fresh air is an excellent method of speeding up your metabolism. Because of your osteopenia I would also recommend that you join a gym and start doing weight-bearing exercises - this would not only make you feel more energetic and help to control your weight, but also assist with bone loss.