Question

no weight loss - endocrinologist
Pls help me. I suffer with insulin resistance and PCOS. I am constantly on diet and seem to get nowhere. I have been to a very well known dietitian who has written several books on Syndrome X, After a year with her I was exactly the same weight as I had started. I went to a GP who prescribed Glucophage and once a week I had vitamin B injections to help. I have been on every diet, Sureslim, Weighless, Atkins, etc. I am approx 20kgs overweight and I don''t exercise as much as I should, but surely with all the effort that I put in I should be able to lose some weight! am at my wits end. Do I just come to terms with this horrible battle or would an Endocrinologist be the right route for me to go? And if so how do I find one in Jhb that specialises in weight lossn pcos and insulin resistance?
Thanks for your advise.

Dear Despondent
I can imagine that you must be feeling desperate that you are not losing weight after all the diets and treatments you have received for your insulin resistance and PCOS. I do think that it would be a good idea to consult an Endocrinologist to find out what is hampering your weightloss at this stage. To find such a specialist physician in Joburg, I would recommend that you ask your gp or gynae to refer you and when you make the appointment specifically ask if the dr in question specialises in PCOS and insulin resistance, just to make sure that you see an expert in the field.
Holding thumbs that you can find the correct treatment for your condition.