Question

Noise in the ear
Dear Doc,

4 days ago I had high fever (flu) i.e around 39.1 deg celcius. The fever went down the next day after taking flu medication. However, the day before yesterday I started hearing some noises in my right ear. I went to see a an ENT surgeon and he removed some wax from the ear and prescribed some antibiotics (cefadroxil) for 3 days. He said that it's nothing to worry about and the noise will soon disappear.

I just would like to have your views on my problems and whether you can confirm what the ENT surgeon has said.

Thanks for your help

Vick, it sounds like the ENT surgeon thought that you might have a middle ear infection and it may definitely have been the cause of your symptoms. I doubt that the wax had anything to do with it, but you will have your answer soon. If it hasn’t cleared up by the end of the weekend, the best would be to give the ENT surgeon a call. Good luck.