Question

Nose bleeds
lately I have been getting small nose bleeds after my runs. Do you know what could cause these?

Hi Sue

I must confess that I do not know the precise reason why this happens. I do know that nose bleeds are more common on either very hot or very cold days, and also after very strenuous exercise, and so a combination of hard exercise on a hot day can sometimes cause nosebleeds. I know that one idea is that the rapid movement of air through the nasal passages may damage the very sensitive, fragile vessels at the front of the nose, causing this bleeding. THis is a likely cause, and would explain why after harder exercise, this is more common