Question

Nose operation
Hi there!

Six years ago I had reconstructive surgery on my nose to give it a bridge with a piece of my rib.
It's still very sensitive on the tip and even the slightest bump or blowing my nose can make it burn inside and it's enough to make me gringe!!!

I'm really not very happy with it because to me it doens't look like it's going to last and I'm forever hurting it. How long does it take for this type of surgery to heal and do you think that a small bump etc could damage it inside?

Do you think I should get another check up with a reconstructive surgeon - do you have any names in Cape Town? ( I had the operation in Natal and I now live in Cape Town - so I can't go and see him for advise).
Please help

Candy, I don’t think that it should take so long to normalise. The best would be to phone your reconstructive surgeon and ask him what he thinks. He will also be able to refer you to someone in CT. Good luck.