Ask an expert

14 Mar 2007

not eating
Hi can you please help me, my mom is 48 years old she had a problem with a liver the doctors said the was a clot on her liver, they gave her a medication to clear that clot the medication help her, beacause she had pain when the clot was there. but now the problem she can`t taste food and the smell of food is unbearable to her is there any thing I can do to help her because she do not eat
Answer 352 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Dan88
I am sorry to hear about your dear Mom and her liver problem. Please for her sake, take her to see a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian will have to work out an individual diet prescription for your Mom, something I cannot do over the Internet. The dietitian will prescribe the necessary liquid meal supplements and possibly vitamin preparations to assist your Mom to start eating again.
Holding thumbs for both of you
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9247 votes
66% - 17738 votes