Question

not just another dieet pill
I came across an ad in which they advertise a pill which actually swells in your stomach(between 50 -200 times it own size) and makes you feel full. i am very interested but want to know if there are any side effects. will my stomach shrienk, and do you think it actually works. it costs quite a lot of money and i wouldnt like to waste.

Dear Didi
Some of these products do help if you combine them with a low-fat diet and exercise. I don't think your stomach will shrink and you may find that the contents of these pills cause a great deal of abdominal distress (winds, bloating, cramps). You can achieve the same effect by eating a high-fibre, low-fat diet (click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'Slimming Diet') and doing some exercise - much cheaper too!