Question

not kidney stones?
Hi! I am having problems with pain in my flanks, and in teh lower back. Sometimes I have pain in the shoulder blades and neck as well, but I have always attributed those pains to me doing something wrong. But the other pain, feels like kidney stones, however it is not. I went to the Mayo Clinic last week, and they told me that there is a problem in my back causing the pain, not my kidneys, as you cannot make your kidneys hurt, but him pounding on my back made it hurt. I am also having pelvic pain, but am thinking that that is due to cysts on my ovaries, and possible endometriosis. My question is, what are the possiblities that are wrong with my back. I won't know anything until the 27th of August, probably th e29th, as that is when I see the internist again, and I am just wanting to know already. The pain has been here way to long. Thanks!!

Hi Daisy
A back pain usually has symptoms on movement or in certain positions , and can cause spasms or symptoms down the legs and arms as well. It is usually tender when you press on the affected area.