Question

Not Losing Weight!!!
Hi Doc,

I am 29 years old, last year I went on the Nuresterate injection and have gained about 5kg in the past year. I have tried EVERY THING to lose the 5kg but NOTHING. I am also currently at Weigh Less and my weight has been the same since I joined Weigh Less 4 months ago. Do you think that I have gained the weight because of the injection and do you think that its also the reason for me not losing weight!! Please Help!!!

Dear Marilize
Seeing that all female hormone treatments can either cause weight gain or loss, it is possible that the Nur-Isterate has had this effect on you. You don't mention if your weight is still in the normal range. Work out your BMI by clicking on 'Diet' and 'Tools'. If your BMI is between 18 and 25, then your weight is in the normal range and you will find it difficult to lose those 5 kg because your body will resist additional weight loss. Try doing some aerobic exercise (gym, running, jogging, skipping, swimming, walking, etc) to stimulate your metabolism.