Question

Not losing weight
What can be the problem? I am not losing weight. Been eating healthy for 3 weeks now. I have a slow metabolism, what can i do to speed it up.

I eat 2 weetbix in the morning, with a little bit of sugar, afternoon i eat a cup of salad and a palm size of meat(no fat) and in the evening a cup of veggies and tuna.

I drink about 3 cups of coffee, and 2 liters of water everyday.

Please advise

Dear Du Plessis
From what you describe your energy intake is very low and this may ironically be hampering weightloss because the human body tends to shut down its weightloss systems if it perceives that it is starved. Your diet is also not balanced and could lead to deficiencies. To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet & Nutrition' at the top of this page, then on 'Healthy Diets' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increase your energy output by doing regular exercise for 30 minutes a day(running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). While you are on the ‘Diet & Nutrition’ site, read about every aspect of slimming (factors that hamper weightloss, the dangers of diet pills, slimming aids, psychological aspects of slimming, etc) by also checking out the ‘Weight Loss’ section and exploring the site.
I hope that you will start losing weight if you combine a balanced slimming diet with regular exercise.