Question

Not Ovulating
Good Day. I''ve been off the Pill for 5 months. I am not ovulating, tested myself every month.Cycles between 31 - 33 days. I am 34. Is there any blood test I can have done? when is the best time to have them done? Is there treatments available to help me ovulate again?

Dear Suzette

A progesterone blood test can be done to assess if you are ovulating or not. It should be done in the mid-luteal phase of a menstrual cycle and if your cycle is between 31-33 days you can do it around day-23 or day-24 of your menstrual cycle. If however it shows that you are not ovulating then there are medication that are available that will help you ovulate.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo