Question

NOT SURE HOW TO PROCEED
in jan my aunt informed me that the university accepted her daughter.

later she brought the daughter to the university in pba, to register and mentioned that the daughter does not have accomodation.

i then i offered to accomodate the daughter to stay for 2 months (jan and feb) then they need to get accomodation for her. but she sleepS in the lounge since i live in a 2 bedr flat and my helper sleep in the other bedroom. i helped looking for accom since i stay in the city for more than 4yrs now. and my aunt lives in KZN

they need accomodation (room+ bathroom) in the pta east and not in sunnyside or acadia.

i found a room for R2500 and the aunt as well as her husband said it was okay. after a week aunt called to say the room is expensibe and will not afford it. i then found another room for 1900 and again they said its expesive. she said i must look for a room to share. i did that and it turns out this option is also expensive, prices were ranging from 1800 to 2200. they could not afford this as well.

then aunt said she will talk to some other relative from the husband side, to see if they can accomodate the daughter since this relative is based in Pta too. its been 2 weeks now and i did not hear anything from aunt. who is now supposed to be doing these follow ups?

im concerned not that this is being made my problem. i would prefer that she finalise the accomodation arrangements for her daugher. when she decided to enroll the daughter at the university she should have also budgeted for accomodation.

however, she send money for grocery every month, so this is covered. the daughter does not clean or assist in the flat. she is always busy on her cellfone and my helper does her washing too.

so how do i proceed with this matter? sometimes relatives are not considerate and i do not want this matter to ruin our relationship but its important that the daughter gets her own place. she is 16yrs. please advice

GOod responses from Pixie and FK.
Greedy auntie will think ANY room is too expensive, when the girl is staying with you free of charge, with free servant and service, only contributing towards her food. And if she's fusy about the area she wants to live in, she can't be fussy about the prices such areas cost.
Tell them the agreement was just for 2 months and no longer, and until her time is up she MUST share chores and household work. Stop anyone doing her washing or anything else for her, immediately. How much is she spending on her cell-phone ? I'm puzzled, though, VERY few people ever get to university at the age of 16. Is she actually going to actual classes at the university ?