Ask an expert

12 Feb 2009

Notice to Defend
I filed for divorce, he received the summons, he told me that he wants to change the maintenance amount and settle his visitation rights, which I am in agreement with as I understand. But I have received a notice to defend, is that just for the maintenance amount and his visitation rights or is it for the divorce! I want to be divorced from this man, I have been waiting since July 2008 and now this. I cant get hold of my lawyer until later and I am so worried that I have to wait!
Answer 368 views
Divorce support expert
Divorce support expert

01 Jan 0001

Dear Fiona,

I understand you are in panic, however, legal issues are best dealt with the lawyer who is dealing with your case. If he is not available he should have appointed someone who can be reached regarding ongoing matters. You should call his office and ask who is standing for him or ask for a colleague.

All the best
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9320 votes
67% - 18602 votes