Question

Numb hands and leg

My hands become numb after I' ve touch water for some time, e.g 30 minutes of doing my laundry by hand. Some time I don' t feel my right hand side leg, it feels as if it is dead and become very difficult to lift, this normally happens when I' m sleeping, and I can' t think of any event that triggers it. What could be wrong with me?

Dear Amo
These symptoms could be caused by compression of the nerves (in your wrist when you do washing by hand) or in the lower back due to your sleeping position. Let your doctor have a look, as you may need x/rays of the back or an evaluation by an orthopedic surgeon.