Question

NUMBNESS/PAIN IN FEET
This symptom started about 2 months ago, wherein my toes initially became numb/painfull. Then my finger tips also started going numb and tingly. I went to my GP who had me tested for Diabetes/Colesterol. results were:- l. Diabetes - grey area between 6 & 7. 2. Colesterol - 9 Very High. Since then have been on a diet, eliminating fatty foods. Have been fairly controlled. Low fat milk, marg, no sugar, eating muesli for breakfast most days, fresh fruit etc. I need to say at this stage that I am not an overeater. though am skinny at arms, legs and shoulders but have a large stomach. Age 45. It has been said that I look 9 months pregnant. . The skin on my hands started peeling and blistering. I thought that I may have athlethes fool so I used Lamisil cream, did not help. Have been to a Dermotologist, Luke Gongryp, as there were blisters on my feet and between my toes, no fungisidal symptoms found, he recomended a cortosin cream , has not helped. Now I am sitting with a situation where my feet are becoming deader and starting to stiffen. Last week when it was so cold in Cape Town I wore boots and it felt like my toes were encompassed in a bag of sand and painful. I must say that I have a very high pain threshold and dont know if this is painful or just damn uncomfortable. At the end of the day all these visits to various doctors is costing me a fortuin and was hoping that you may research these symtoms and come up with a solution.

Mary-ann, it sounds like you might have a vascular problem, but I can keep on guessing till the morning and still not get closer to a diagnosis. The best would be to see a specialist physician a.s.a.p. and have it sorted out. Good luck.